Applications for use of the Conference Rooms may be made during the Library’s regular hours of 9:00 am – 9:00 pm Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Friday, and 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Saturday. Applications may be made at the Circulation desk or you may make an application online.
While groups may register for single events or a series of events, the Conference Rooms may only be reserved 90 days in advance. Groups wishing to use the Community Room on a regular monthly basis must register every 90 days for a time slot. All reservations are on a “first come, first served basis.” Reservations should be cancelled immediately if use of a room is no longer needed.
The library reserves the right to reject any application for use of the rooms which the Board of Trustees or the Library Director believes would or reasonably could disrupt the patrons of the Library or the providing of Library services to the public.
Cancellations may be made by calling the library or online with confirmation number.
Groups are responsible for ensuring that the room is clean and free of all trash and debris before leaving the premises. Groups are also responsible for the setup and takedown of the room. Misuse of Library property will result in immediate suspension of privileges to hold further meetings in any of the Library Conference Rooms. Violators will be assessed a damage fee in addition to the suspension of meeting privileges.
Groups using the Conference Rooms shall not do anything to disturb any patrons of the Library. Persons attending the meeting shall not solicit a patron of the Library for any purpose nor distribute any material to those not attending the meeting.
Any violation of any portion of this policy can result in the immediate expulsion of the groups from the Library premises and the suspension of application privileges of the group.
SMOKING AND REFRESHMENTS
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Library building.
- Alcohol is not permitted anywhere within the Library building or on the premises.
- Refreshments should be limited to simple snacks or an approved caterer. The library will not prepare refreshments.
- All meetings will conclude and Conference Rooms will be vacated 15 minutes prior to the closing of the Library building.
- Any damage, breakage or food spillage by the organization using the facilities, including kitchenettes, must be compensated for within 30 days at replacement costs, labor cost, or both. A bill will be sent to the presiding officer of the group or the person who registered to use the room.
- Cancellation of any scheduled meeting is to be reported to the Library prior to the meeting date. A twenty-four (24) hour notice is requested.
- The library reserves the right to cancel a scheduled meeting. Every effort will be made to give at least one week’s notice of any cancellation. This does not include weather emergencies.
The Library Board of Trustees has given the Library Director the authority to supervise the use of Community Rooms and interpret this policy. The Director shall have the right to waive the regulations whenever it is in the best interest of the Library or the community and to cancel further use of Library facilities for an organization that does not follow the above regulations